Translate

Dream, Think, Do

For years I read (and continue to read) motivational books, magazines that lifted my heart and soul. I loved reading about success, leadership, diversity and motivation and I can honestly say that those authors transformed me.
The greatest lesson I learned is: Thinking is Power.

Thinking about what you want and who you are.

Thinking positively or negatively about yourself, or others, or your world determines what you receive and see.

I've thought negative thoughts and I've thought positive thoughts. Positive is better.
I've cried in sadness and laughed in joy. Laughing is better.
I've seen the negative in others and wanted to criticize them and I've seen in the same people their magnificence and potential... magnificence is better.
I've seen all that I have and I've seen all that I didn't have. Seeing the prosperity is better.

I've thought lack and I've thought abundance. Abundance is better.
My gift to you is permission. I give you permission to think phenomenal powerful wonderful thoughts. Of your life as you can imagine it in all its possibilities. It is your right... I really am not giving it to you because it is yours...it is everyone’s right to think powerfully.

During my darkest moments when I was a teen I would go into my room and dream a magical, beautiful life. Sometimes I would cry out to God that I had this intense desire to be more than I was. Sometimes I even thought of it as torture. How could I dream of so much and living such a spectacular life if my ‘real’ life didn’t look that way? I thought that I wasn't good enough to have such dreams. But the dreams still were there. I didn't dream of winning the Olympics, or being a famous rock star, or scaling Mount Everest.

I dreamed/thought of having my own family and home filled with love. I dreamed/thought of having wonderful kids who had a Dad who adored them. I dreamed/thought that I would travel. I dreamed/thought about my life after I left the Bronx. I knew I would have a career that made a difference and that I would be on TV and on a stage -but not acting. I really, really wanted to be me on stage. I knew that one day I would live in an environment that was free of drugs and alcohol (sister was the local junkie - Dad an alcoholic). I dreamed/thought I would be an expert - in something...to be passionate about something and stay focused on that for years. I dreamed/thought like that for years (still do). Especially when my circumstances didn't reflect my dreams.

I’ve been chided because I went to 'Lala land" or 'fantasy land'. I’ve been called a dreamer, child like innocent and an optimist.

I am happy. When I was a teen those thinking/dreaming times were times that I felt so alive and so joyous and so free. It didn't matter what was happening around me. To this day, I love my visualizations, my lala times, my visualizations and my positive optimistic thoughts. They fill me with such joy, hope, satisfaction and giggles. I can face any challenge, any disappointment and any circumstance fearlessly, focused, and with fun because I know that I achieve my dreams and thoughts.

In reflection and looking back (as I love to do this time of year) I am so grateful that:
1. I have two wonderful kids who choose to serve our country, go to college and volunteer to help others. They are really funny, smart and awesome.
2. A husband who adores his kids. They are his world.
3. Drugs and alcohol were not in my world. Others did it around me but it was never and has never been in my world.
4. I am passionate about motivation, diversity and leadership. It is drives my soul and spirit. I am so filled with gratitude that I get to serve others.
5. I'm out of the Bronx and have been for many, many years. I live at the Beach in Florida with sunshine, dolphins and warmth.
6. People consider me an expert. I think I am still in the process of growing. I love to learn and to grow. There is so much out there for all of us to gain.

If there is anything I can give you it is permission to go into Lala land. think/dream all the time. Think/dream of what you would have for yourself today, right now. Be powerful and dream big. There is so much potential and magnificence in you. You are the source of so many brilliant ideas and work. Please, please think good thoughts. Think of your potential. Think of what you want.

Let people tease you about your dreams... dream anyway.
Let others say it can't be done.... dream and do anyway.

Take the time out during your morning, your lunchtime and in the evening and really splurge on your dreams, indulge in them, think of them.

Take the time to really think magnificent thoughts about yourself.
Tell your self everything that you want others to say to you. How great you are, how special you are how loving you are.

Live and Dream and live some more. You are worth having a great life and thinking really good thoughts.

No comments: