Translate

Sometimes You have to Kick Your Own Butt

If you want to get paid what you are worth, be heard and succeed the bottom line is that sometimes you have to kick your own butt. No one is going to think for you. As a matter of fact, they can't even think for you - even if they wanted to. You can become influenced by people - but since most people don't believe THEY can achieve wild success they can't help YOU achieve wild success. YOU have to kick your own butt.

Those that succeed are individuals willing to think differently than group think. The individual who chooses to take charge of his or her own life. Every female leader, multicultural maverick multimillionaire, physically challenged champion, every CEO, CDO and HR leader, every single success story...knows that sometimes they have to kick their own butt to ensure that they don't get caught in group think and negativity.

It takes commitment to yourself. I understand that it is hard. I understand that sometimes your negative talk can take your down. The truth is that only you can kick your own butt before anyone can help you. I know what I'm talking about. Hey I wrote the book Sometimes You Need to Kick Your Own Butt (You can buy your copy by clicking on the link.)

Did you know that even top motivational speakers and experts on leading in a diverse world have down moments? Hey, we are human. Here are three strategies I use, because they work.

1- I always have at the ready customized MP3 affirmations. As a member of my coaching program every member receives their own customized affirmation MP3. Listening to affirmations acts like a trigger that shifts your thinking to the thoughts you want to have. Too often people stay in their negative mindsets when they can easily shift their thinking by using an external source that guides their thinking.

2- I have at the ready on my phone or in my bag uplifting reading material. Sometimes it is a book, sometimes it is a series of cards that I customized towards my specific goal. I stay focused on where I am going. I LOVE having inspiration from someone who has been there done that. When you are sliding down the negative slope (sometimes when you have a cold your head can get clouded) the cards and reading materials give you something to hold on to.

3- I whip out a piece of paper and start writing at least 20 things that I am grateful for. I NEVER give up until I have 20 items on my list. It immediately shifts my mind towards what I want in my life.

If you don't kick your own butt by taking actions that will keep you out of muddy waters you will never, ever, see the clear waters that surround you that are teaming with opportunities.

No one can do it for you.

I am here to help you create those tools for yourself. I am here to guide you to, to coach you and to kick your own butt. However... you have to take the first step. You have to kick your own butt and say BASTA! ENOUGH! I am worth it. I am worthy of taking myself to the next level. I am worthy of success.

I want the best for me.

I'm happy to share my coaching program with you. However, you have to be willing to kick your own butt and join a group of like-minded, powerful, focused, mavericks who choose to succeed and reach their highest potential.

The program is perfect for your aspirational leaders who are ready for the next rung on the ladder of success.

No comments: